8.24.2012

remember this time.

I can not believe that I am planning a third and a first birthday party. I do get started a little early, but if I don't plug along at it it will never get done. Two birthdays during the same month as Christmas does take a year full of planning. I already have themes and have decided on gifts.

I am also starting Jordana's First Year scrapbooks.
 Landon's First Year scrapbooks make me happy.
Photobucket
 I am so glad that I followed through and completed them even though it was a huge effort.

For the rest of my blog I make books with sharedbook.com , so that way it is in print form much more easily than a scrapbook.  I like the personal touch on scrapbooks too much to not do them for the first year though. If I only had one child I would simply scrapbook each year, but I am thankful for how easy sharedbook.com makes it for me.

I am also keeping up on baby books and adding all of the odds and ends to them. It's a lot of fun.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Landon just got a new post card from when the Hix family was in CA.
Photobucket

I keep extra odds and ends in photo boxes and plan to make a personalized paper mache box for each child's stuff sometime in the future. I think that photos and words written down are wonderful memories to keep. Sometimes I am tired and usually it isn't great writing or photography, but I do enjoy doing it and force myself sometimes to do it even if it means going to bed later or sacrificing something that I could do otherwise. These young years in my kids' lives are fleeting and documenting them is important. One thing that I need to do more of is video...that is my downfall! Matt does a much better job with video than I do.

So, if you don't hear from me for a while...I'm probably cutting, pasting and documenting memories of a sweet baby girl.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: