9.08.2012

Baby Mine: Month 9

Photobucket

Jordana had a fun filled 9th month. She did a lot of hanging by the pool. She has already spent a few overnights with Matt's mom and at my Grandma's house. She is doing really well with being social and independent. I often purposely leave her and Landon in their playroom together so that they can just be used to spending time with eachother without me helicoptering around them...OK I am always peeking around the corner...but still...they can't see me.

Photobucket

It is really cute to see them truly enjoying their time together. It is also great to be able to hand Jordana off to anyone at anytime without her having a panic attack. She has stayed with Aunt Kelly, Aunt Kippy, my mom and Aunt Lia during the day quite often without any problem. She actually fell asleep on Aunt Kelly's floor the last time she was there...which goes to show that she is just plain comfortable no matter where she is.

Photobucket

She is wearing some 9 months, but a lot of 12 month clothing now. She is in a size 2-3 shoe and a size 4 diaper. She is definitely not a tiny girl by any means.

Photobucket

She loves her food much more than Landon ever did. She will eat anything that I give her. I am letting her do some finger foods...some may call it self led weaning...I just call it "normal". I am sure I will just be giving her whatever I make for dinner here soon like I did with Landon. I really can not give her veggies though. I keep on trying, but it always really bothers her belly. It's one thing that is driving me a little bit crazy and I keep on hoping that she will be able to handle something other than fruit and biscuits soon. She does not hold her own bottle, but Landon didn't either.

Photobucket

She is the epitome of happy go lucky. I can take her anywhere and do anything with her. As long as her diaper is clean and she is fed then she is happy. If I am driving her someplace and she happens to fall asleep in her car seat she still wakes up happy even after a nap that has been cut off. Landon would have been very cranky if I ever disturbed his naps. Jojo just is not easily phased. She would have been an excellent starter baby! The only problem that I ever had with her (besides her painful gas) was her sleeping habits.

Photobucket

Over the past 2 months her sleeping habits have drastically changed, because she became comfortable with sleeping on her belly. She can now wake only 1 or 2 times in the night. She will even sleep in in the morning and I hardly ever have to put her in her swing. She just sleeps in her crib, in her nursery with the same old white noise turned up full blast! Ever since she started to sleep well I feel like I can really enjoy her even more during the day, because I am not so exhausted. I also sync her last nap up with Landon's nap every day...which in theory gives me a break...but in reality is just really boring because I am all alone and I have to be quiet!

Photobucket

Jordana has 2 teeth that are through the gums and 2-3 more that are making their way through. She is crawling in her own style which is faster than the traditional way. She stands assisted, but that is about it. She loves to just go around the play room pulling out all of the toys. Sometimes she likes her jumperoo and exersaucer, but I am sure those will be long gone by the time she is one. She loves going on jogs in the jogging stroller (never makes a peep!), petting her puppy's and dancing to all music!! She also loves electrical cords (like Landon did) and laying her head down on the floor pretending to hide. She likes to mimic and to be mimicked. She has a long tongue and she likes to stick it out! She loves hugs and to say "dadadada!!" She does not like binkies...she sleeps with one sometimes but that is it. She almost never cries.

Photobucket

Jordana is a different personality than Landon. They get along well and I think that although they are different and their personalities are different they still mesh well. Jordana will be tolerant of Landon's crazy moody stubbornness and Landon will be soothed and brought back to earth by Jordana's kindness and ability to not take things so seriously. Jojo is feminine and Landon is masculine. They are both at different ends of the spectrum yet it somehow works out that they love each other obsessively because they get such a kick out of their differences.

Photobucket

Jordana is growing fast and we can not remember life without her...and we really don't want to!

No comments: