I need to play some catch up on where Landon is developmentally now.
He is already 20 months old! He weighs a whopping 25 pounds and is moving in to 24 month sized clothing.
Landon knows the difference between:
Hot and Cold
Empty and Not Empty
Bigger and Smaller
He knows the parts of his body- eye, nose, tongue, teeth, mouth, ear, foot, pee pee, belly...

Nose!
He knows what to say when something smells bad, “icky stinky!”
He rides Matt like a horse and says “YeeHaw”

BELLY!
He pronounces things pretty clearly. He doesn’t really baby talk. He still babbles, of course, and sometimes makes NO sense at all. But, with the words that he does know, he knows them well and says them properly. I have completely lost track of all of the words he can say at this point...I just figure that he can say basically anything now. Which means that I better watch my mouth!
He knows some animals- cow, horsey, sheep, frog, dog, kitty, pig, hippo, monkey, elephant, giraffe, owl, goose, goat, sheep…and many of their sounds.

TONGUE!
Looking at his car mat he can point out- cone, dog, tractor, truck, tire, plane.
Some recent Landon quotes:
He can’t get out of his chair so he says, “I’m stuck!”
All of his food is gone and he yells, “all gone. I’m done!”
He spills water and he says, “I made a mess”
I put one of Jordana’s bows in his hair and he says, “Pretty, pretty!”
If you chase him he says, “get you, get you! I’m fast!”
Smells my feet and says, “ew, stinky!”
Grabs his box of wipes and stuffed animals and says, “he poopy!”
He sees a little girl standing up in the grocery cart and he yells, “sit down!”

STINKY FOOT!
He is a little helper around the house. He cleans up after himself (as much as he can)…sometimes without even being asked. He knows where the washcloths are and if he spills he wipes it up. He also helps with the laundry.
He LOVES music. I mean LOVES. He always has. He sings. He dances. He stands on old DVD cases and performs in his sweet little toddler singing voice. He loves to watch others perform. Sing with a guitar and you have his attention. We turn music on every day…old, new, country, rock, alternative…he’s going to be well versed.
He enjoys playing football- future Quarter Back!
He bats lefty when he plays baseball and can hit a ball off of the tee and pitched underhand to him.
He is slightly obsessed with pointing out the sun and the moon.

EYE!
He can feed himself with a fork and spoon. He is really getting big and responsible, which is going to come in handy when there is a new baby taking most of my time.
He definitely gets frustrated when he can’t do something as quickly or easily as he is used to. His level of patience is on the low end, but that is to be expected from kids like him that are used to things coming with ease. He can throw an epic tantrum and I am in the process of teaching him that sometimes he is going to have to wait for things.
He is also sleeping in his big boy bed now, but that will be another blog, another time.
For now, we’re enjoying watching him learn and grow!

EAR!
No comments:
Post a Comment