3.31.2011

happy hearts

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



We got the news...Landon's heart is normal. No need to report to dentists, coaches, gym teachers or day cares that he has a murmur. The Cardiologist said to never mention it and pretend it was never even there. Landon even got his official documentation that states such wonderful things as:

"CARDIAC DIAGNOSIS- (conclusion of this visit):
...SPONTANEOUSLY CLOSED. Normal Heart."

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



I no longer have to see the look of [trying to be hidden] fear on Matt's face when Landon runs or laughs too much...and gets out of breath. The doctors warned us that he could turn blue and maybe pass out, so we were always sure to try to keep him semi-calm, but these days I have been tickling him harder than ever. And he loves it. Even if it isn't something really serious, it is still in the back of your mind even if you try to push it out. This visit gave us relief and freedom to move on beyond the "bad" news that we received in the hospital.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



There are far worse things than this above average sized murmur...far...far...worse. And when Landon was first diagnosed we thought about those cases. And now that Landon has a clear bill of health we are thinking about those who aren't as lucky. I feel like 15 months was too long to wait to hear that my child's heart is normal, but the thought of never hearing that news or getting worse news makes us feel lucky. This was a small blip in our life and if we ever get a chance to do something to help a child with a bigger issue we most certainly would. The fear that some parents must feel can not be measured.

Photobucket

Blessed

By: Rachael Lampa

I may never climb a mountain,
So I could see the word from there.
I may never ride the waves,
And taste the salty ocean air.
Or build a bridge,
That would last a hundred years.
But no matter where the road leads,
One thing is always clear....

Photobucket
I am blessed,
I am blessed,
From when I rise up in the morning,
'Till I lay my head to rest,
And I feel you near me,
You sooth me when I'm weary.
Oh, Lord,
For all the worst and all the best,
I am blessed.

Photobucket

All along the road less traveled,
I have crawled and I have run.
I have wandered through the winds and rains,
Until I found the sun.
But watching eyes,
Asked me why,
I walk this narrow way,
There may never be a reason,
For the hope I have today....

Photobucket

You've given me joy,
You've given me love,
You give me stength,
When I want to give up.
You came from heaven,
To rescue my soul.
You are the reason,
I know,
I know.

Photobucket

Our hearts are Happy!

No comments: