
I know...I am slow on the food postings! It has been months since I last said I would do this, but here I go again....I usually cook fairly healthy, but that is not reflected here! This Stromboli is rich...I can only eat a little slice.

I decided to make it a point this year to be a less private person, so if you find me talking about myself a lot on my blog...well that's why. I find it much easier to talk about all things Landon, but I need to get out of my comfort zone. To me, food is a personal thing. I love to talk about food- especially health food, food documentaries and living a healthy lifestyle...so when I am not writing about Landon that's what you're stuck with. We basically never eat out and I try to cook new things a few times a week. I also enjoy baking and find it very easy, but I don't do it a lot because we don't really like sweets. Now, on to the food.

Stromboli with Puff Pastry
This is the shortcut easy stromboli. Super easy...for a mom who only has minutes to cook. But, it is oh so good.
1 Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheet thawed
1 cup Italian blend shredded cheese
16 pieces of Pepperoni
4 pieces thin cut Salami
1 egg
Preheat oven to 400 degrees


Unroll puff pastry on to a floured surface. Layer Pepperoni, Salami and then cheeses within 1 inch from the edge of the pastry. Roll like a jellyroll from the narrow end. Put sealed side down on a baking sheet lined with parchament paper. Whisk egg and brush wash on to the pastry. Cook for 35 minutes and cool for 5-10 minutes. Enjoy!


Serve with a veggie and a side of marinara for dipping. We had sweet petite corn and green beans with ours this time. You can also use all different meats and cheeses. If you have a tiny bit of garlic and parsley infused olive oil to drizzle over the top that would be amazing. The last time I made this I used Turkey and Cheddar.
Serves: four adults and one 15 month old.
No comments:
Post a Comment