So, to begin...my most simple dinner that we both really enjoy and hopefully Landon will too...Pizza! We are Pizza people, but most pizzas just don't taste that great to us anymore after having the "real" thing in New York.
Matt and I got a little bit spoiled by our trip to New York (although we can not wait until our trip to Chicago so we can compare the two types of pizza). We had the best pizza ever there at Grimaldi’s in Brooklyn. It was worth the long walk across the Brooklyn bridge and then the hour long wait outside in pure East Coast humidity. It is the style of pizza that we like. It is not greasy. You could use any crust you want, but we like thin.
We have been talking about the pizza ever since we tried it and no delivery pizza can match it. I finally set out to replicate it and I think I came as close as I possibly could have.
You change this up however you want. Matt likes his food to be very plain. If I made this for just me there would probably be some veggies on there, but this way is most like the one we loved at Grimaldi's...

Here’s the recipe-
Boboli thin crust pizza (I have made my own pizza crust, but nothing has the flavor of this one)
Fresh Mozzarella cut in to ½ inch slices
Pizza Sauce (I want to make my own, but for now I use store bought)
Basil Leaves
Olive Oil
Parmesan Cheese
Minced Garlic
Preheat Oven to 450 degrees.
Spread pizza sauce on dough (we like a thin amount of sauce). Spread minced garlic on top of sauce. Spread mozzarella slices around on top of the garlic and sauce. Spread a very thin layer of parmesan cheese. Layer basil leaves as you wish (they really make the pizza!). Drizzle entire pizza with olive oil.
Place directly on oven rack for 9 minutes.
I would usually serve this with corn on the cob or asparagus...maybe some baked potato wedges and a side salad depending on what Matt feels like that night. You never know!

So easy and so good. I think I am going to make my own Gelato next!
Buon appetito!
1 comment:
yum.
Post a Comment