5.13.2010

cure it.

Cancer is an evil monster. It can strike at anytime...any person...for absolutely no reason. It has taken so many loved ones from so many people and it has turned believers in to non-believers. It's hard to keep the faith when you feel like the rug has been pulled out from under you. It has given us all an even greater reason to let our loved ones know that we appreciate their place in our lives.

"If you love somebody, better tell them so,
you never ever know when you're gonna go,
you love them back, just give thanks,
can't keep love like money in the bank"


Photobucket

A few months ago we did a walk for Cancer. Supposedly some people run, but, um...I think we're more of a walking crowd. Maybe we'll run next year?


It was a great day down along the river, but most of all it felt good. It felt good to get out and do something that serves a purpose. All of the money raised goes towards finding a cure for Cancer. I felt like the showing wasn't as large as it should have been. I know that there are more people in our area who have been effected...or for that matter WILL be effected at some point. BUT, for the people who were there I got a good vibe. I felt at peace looking around me thinking that "all of these people are here because they are good people". They crawled out of bed early on a chilly Saturday morning to support something important.


I want to do more things like this, because it feels good...and maybe when they do find a cure (because they will) we can all look at eachother and pat ourselves on the back for a moment knowing that we played a part (no matter how small it may be).

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Look at how good it makes you feel to support a cause!
Photobucket

We all wrote names of those who we were walking for on our shirts- mainly our friend SUE. I also added a ribbon on the back for my friend's brother Erik who lost a hard fought battle with Cancer.
Photobucket

So, in Landon's lifetime there will be a cure...no doubt about it and that is because of everyone who helps..whether it be a little bit of money, a lot of money, some scentific breakthrough, or a nice walk along the river with some pretty amazing people.
Photobucket


No comments: