5.10.2010

Savourez la Bonne Vie!

Photobucket

Photobucket


Without a doubt, there should be more than one day a year dedicated to moms, but I'll take this one and run with it. Last year on Mother's Day I was pregnant...I had just found out a few days before and it didn't feel real.
This year it was most certainly real.

We had a long day of visiting all of the moms in the family. It was a good day. Being a mom is even harder than I ever thought it could be- I don't know if it is because I am a little bit older than most are when they have their first baby. Maybe I was given too much time to be set in my ways? I wouldn't trade it for anything though and actually I kinda wish I would have done it sooner.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We even saw some friends from out of town. Landon's extended family...just more people to fill up his love cup.

Photobucket

Photobucket

If you have never experienced unconditional love before- you will if you have kids.
Crazy to think that you could love someone who is the cause of an unsightly
C-Section incision scarring your body so much.
Crazy to think that you can love someone who has caused you to be more out of shape than ever before so much.
Even when my post-pregnancy hormones are causing my hair to fall out in huge clumps I can still look at Landon and think that all of those things [and then some] are worth having him.
It's worth not sleeping.
It's worth all the stress that has been added to my life, because he has given us a truly good life. A life of meaning.
Something to look forward to in our older years.
SOMEONE to look forward to watching grow, learn, play, laugh, cry...walk the earth and hopefully find a purpose.



Photobucket

Photobucket


So, being a mom...yeah, it's not the easy life, but it is the good life and I plan to savor it.

Photobucket

“Be Still, Be Still, my fluttering heart,
For, we don't want to give the fact away
that we're head over heels, going, absolutely, crazy.”

No comments: