It was Halloween 7 years ago when Matt and I stood around and had a conversation alone for the very first time. That is, if you really want to call it a "conversation". I was wearing a Mardi Gras costume that apparently caught his attention enough to get him to stop in his tracks and offer me beads. Isn't that romantic? We had always been busy working or hanging out in groups before then, so that technically was our very first one on one interaction. His brother had introduced him to me earlier in the year, but neither of us thought much of it. We ended up hanging out for hours the next night and whenever this time of year comes around it's hard not to think about it. We spent a few months just being friends and then just dating and eventually we made it official. To think... THAT was the beginning of THIS.
I found a journal of mine from that time.
This is an excerpt that makes me smile now-
"I'm even dating a guy from work named Matt. We hang out a lot. I think he will be my next boyfriend and if he does he has potential to be the best one ever. He is so kind hearted, moral and has great character and a fantastic sense of humor. I love so much about him. He kisses me like no one and when he hugs me I get the tingles. I can't get close enough to him. Our feelings have grown so fast- it gives me hope. Matt gives men a good name. He could be the best one out there. I better hold on to him!"
Luckily, I did.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN everyone.
I hope it finds you much luck and love.
No comments:
Post a Comment