...But if you're here with me
I know which way to turn
You always give me somewhere,
Somewhere I can learn
You make it real for me..."
We went on our tour of the Labor and Delivery unit at our hospital this week.
We learned a lot! It was much more informative than I ever thought it would be.
It made it even more real for us I think...
reminded me of back when I first found out I was pregnant...
The day that I found out- I woke up and took a pregnancy test…a cheap test that I saw a very faint pink line on. I held it in the sunlight for an hour...staring...debating... and I couldn’t believe my eyes. I held it in the window, on the sidewalk, in the garage, in the kitchen, living room, bathroom, bedroom and no matter where I stood that pink line was faintly staring back at me. So, just like any skeptic would... I went to the store and bought a better test. This test came back with an obvious positive. So, rational as I am…I pulled out a digital that I had saved and it came back with a big, fat positive too. OK, I was finally starting to believe it. I felt like something out of a commercial getting a result “4 days before my missed period on a First Response Early Result." I had been swearing up and down to Matt that this wasn't our month, so I had a feeling he would be shocked that I was wrong...since I'm never wrong haha.
Sooo, in my excitement I had to plan a way to tell Matt. I went to the store and bought 2 little books…"Mommy Loves Me” and “Daddy Loves Me.” I put them in a gift bag with the digital pregnancy test that said PREGNANT on it. When he got home (late at night after class) I gave him the gift bag. He started pulling things out and he had a pretty weird look on his face…when he got to the test he stared at it blankly for a while. I didn’t realize that he had never really seen one in person before (although I had taken a huge amount of them during the trying process…negatives just aren‘t as much fun to show off), but he put two and two together and finally stuttered…“you’re…you’re….aaaare you?….you’re?” Needless to say we ended up sleeping better that night than we had in a long time.
28 weeks
29 weeks



No comments:
Post a Comment