11.27.2011

38 Weeks for Jordana and 23 Months for Landon!

38 weeks! What? I never thought that number would make it in to my pregnancy vocabulary. Can't everyone tell by the panicked "37 week" posts that I made last week!?

Photobucket

I have been having weekly Ultrasounds which might sound cool, but it really isn't! I have been lucky to have some very nice ladies in my life that are willing to watch Landon for 3-4 hours for me during these appointments. I would rather be sitting in my warm cozy house than waiting around a doctor's office with underlying fears that something must be going terribly wrong for them to be watching me this closely. I am glad that they are being so proactive, but it's been hard to relax these last few weeks. I can't even keep up with everything that has been monitored at his point, but at least we're close to the end and I know that Jordana has been well cared for. I am sure that my absolute inability to deliver vaginally has my OB ready to just take Jojo out NOW, but he is being patient with me and keeping her in as long as possible. I think the scheduling department and the Ultrasound Technicians are getting to know me well enough that they may want to be invited to the delivery!

Photobucket

Photobucket

One interesting Ultrasound that I have had was a Biophysical Ultrasound last week where they were checking to make sure that Jordana's well being in the womb is still good.

Here is the American Pregnancy Association's definition of this type of Ultrasound:

"The biophysical profile combines an ultrasound evaluation with a nonstress test (NST) and is intended to determine fetal health during the third trimester. This test is performed if there is a question about fetal health and well being resulting from either an examination, maternal/fetal symptoms, or if the pregnancy is considered high risk."

During a Biophysical Ultrasound they are looking at breathing, muscle tone, amniotic fluid, movement and heart rate (of the baby) and each is assigned a score. The baby has to pass with a score of 8 or higher...if not action may be taken to deliver the baby sooner. Jordana hit all of the marks to pass the test really quickly...which means she is doing just fine.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I however, am stuffed like a turkey. My fundal height (look it up) is still between 31 and 32 weeks. So, my belly stopped growing then, but baby did not. This is why people look at me and yell things like "WHYYY are you soo small!?" Well, according to my OB I have a small uterus (maybe they sewed it up extra small during my last cesarean? Just kidding). And Jordana is still pretty small for gestational age, but I would venture to say that she may be bigger than we thought she would be at one point!

I have another Biophysical Ultrasound tomorrow, so hopefully all is well. If not, they will pre-pone my surgery. If everything is OK, then I will have my Pre-Op appointment on Wednesday. My OB mentioned that he does not think that "clinically he should let me go to 39 weeks, because of my high risk status." But, they have been keeping a really close eye on me and nothing bad has happened...so who knows I could just make it to December 5th at 5:30 a.m. like we have planned.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And let's not forget...

Mr. Landon is 23 Months Old tomorrow! His last month before he hits TWO! He is in the 31st percentile for weight and the 54th percentile for height...so still just an average little guy size wise. I would say that is the only way that he is average though! I can't believe how developed he is verbally and physically. He loves to read books(read pictures, really!).
And has some favorite things to say of the moment...

“Bye, Bye….have fun!”
“What’s up?!”
“I sad.”
“I happy.”
“Sorry!”
“Where’s he at? There he is!”
“Hold hands! Come on!”
“Dada working…he be back.”
“Pretty! Cute!”

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


It's crazy to think that this is Landon's last few days being an only child. We have prepped him as much as possible, but you can't explain much to such a little one. He has obviously been exposed to too many TV shows where women have been giving birth while I have been pregnant, so he enjoys looking at me and yelling "Puuussshhh!!" while grunting and groaning with every movement.

He loves babies and has a strong maternal instinct. He watched the video for "Happiest Baby on the Block" with us one night and he grabbed his baby bear and decided to swaddle it, give it a binky and rock it while "Shhhushing" in it's ear. I'm curious to see if he will try to use his methods on his baby sister!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Pretty much just a week or less left until a brand new baby girl finally shows her face to the world...I hope we're as ready as we think we are...

No comments: