
35 WEEKS
When I got pregnant with Jordana I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't let this pass by without documenting it. I wouldn't let the fact that this is my second time around overtake the fact that this is her only time around. I told myself that I would take a lot of belly pictures and I would write how I feel just like I did with Landon and so far, I think I have kept my promise. I will once again be printing my blogs and photos to make her a first year book...even if my writing is much more tired and terrible this time around and I have taken photos of myself in the mirror because Matt has been gone...I can still say that I did it! And she will have these memories documented just like her cantankerous big brother did.
This has been a really good pregnancy (overall) once again for me. There have been the scares with the baby’s size, but that was really just a false alarm. Caused us some temporary stress, but never added up to anything terrible. I am thankful to have made it this far after being told that she could be taken out as early as 32 weeks. It feels good that I am about to be 37 weeks tomorrow, which is considered full term (babies born then usually have good lung function and everything else). Landon was born in my 37th week- so keep your eyes open...we could be meeting Jordana soon.
I am lucky that my pregnancy symptoms often feel mild compared to what other women have. I don’t really swell, have high blood pressure, get stretch marks or skin rashes. This time around I have had a lot more acid reflux, but a little bit of Zantac takes the edge off. I have had a little bit more body pain in my back and neck, but 2 Tylenol and a heating pad take the edge off. I have had sciatic nerve pain and hip pain (which I never had with Landon) and I have to say that I wouldn’t wish it on anybody, but it is tolerable and nothing to really complain about. We did put our mattress on the ground so if I can't stand up I can roll off on to the floor and crawl to get Landon if he needs me. I know that sounds ridiculous and hilarious, but there have been times where I couldn’t get up and off of our bed, which wouldn’t be good if Landon was in his room in need of me in the middle of the night or morning. Matt has been working 60 hour weeks on average, so I can't say I have had the royal treatment that I had last time I was pregnant!
Thankfully, this has been a much less painful pregnancy than with Landon, simply because Jordana has managed to stay almost completely out of my ribs. Landon just crushed my ribs all day every day and he was a strong little kicker! Jojo is still just hanging out, flipping around and being gentle! I didn’t know a pregnancy could have so little pain. And now that she has dropped down lower I can breathe pretty easily.
I had my 36 week checkup and ultrasound earlier this week. Everything is looking good. They are keeping a very close eye on me, since I am not allowed to labor at all (the risk of a ruptured uterus is too high in my case-plus there is no way for the baby to get out), so I am having weekly ultrasounds.
Now, at about 37 weeks, I am really slowing down and waddling around…standing up is hard….peeing every 1-2 hours in the night pretty much sucks…but I don’t have any BIG complaints. Just the regular 9 months pregnant while chasing around a 22 month old stuff! I am feeling lucky to get to have another healthy run at this!

36 WEEKS
No comments:
Post a Comment