
[32 weeks- My very first (and last) pair of maternity jeans!]
I have been looking for the energy to type this post up. Not even sure if I have it at the moment, but Matt is at night class and The King of Toddlers that Landon has become is asleep…so here is my chance.


I left everyone hanging with my last post about Jordana’s size. We had a follow up ultrasound and the news was great…although slightly maddening. Turns out that the ultrasound from both the Cardiologist and the OB Office were of a weird angle that was slightly squished. The OB tried to show me the angle that he was describing, but really I couldn’t even pay attention…all I could do was laugh a little and feel relieved. Jordana is perfectly fine in size. My belly measures 3 weeks behind. So, (for example) at 30 weeks along I appear to be 27 weeks along and this doesn’t give baby a lot of room in there. If you remember, they said her abdomen was in the 7th-10th percentile Turns out that it is actually in the 22nd percentile and she is in the 40th percentile overall! There was a lot of the worrying was for nothing- and I KNOW a lot of people were worried. I am supposed to have one more ultrasound at 36 weeks so that we can check her size again, but the OB is confident that this was just a freak thing…that happened to involve two different ultrasounds at two different doctor’s offices. I figure for BOTH places to have determined the wrong measurements that the position she was in had to have been very deceiving, but it is still hard to not be irritated by the stress and worry that this caused us for what turned out to be nothing. Basically, she is at a good size, she was 2.3 pounds at this ultrasound when 3 pounds would be average. That’s exactly how Landon was and he turned out just fine- PLUS she has a healthy little heart to go along with it.
In third trimester news:
My only real pregnancy complaints at the moment are asthma related. Whew, not as bad as last time though- since I have not needed a steroid inhaler. Still, having a short torso and your uterus with baby laying on your lungs makes it hard to breathe. Other than that and being tired and achy I’m doing fine. My sister in law, Jennifer, was nice enough to throw a baby shower for Jordana and I this weekend and we made a real haul! I have so many generous people in my life. We had a great time celebrating Jojo’s upcoming arrival.

[Jojo’s Baby Shower]

[my nieces]

[owl cake that Jen had made for my shower]

[owl cupcakes I made to match my owl themed shower]
In the meantime since my last post I had an appointment where I was
[un]lucky enough to get my RhoGAM shot (right in the butt…in case you were wondering). Only myself and about 15 percent of the population are awesome enough to be RH Negative…so that shot in the butt makes me extra special. I get neon orange stickers on all of my doctor’s paperwork announcing to everyone that, “Yes, this girl…she is RH Negative…stand back and take a look…you will be impressed!” OK, maybe it’s not that cool…maybe it’s not cool at all, but if I say this enough I might just convince someone. I also had my glucose screening and it came back perfectly fine, so no diabetes either. My weight gain is good! Everything is good now! Lets just make it another 6 weeks to the date my Cesarean is scheduled for (December 5th) and we’ll get to meet the little girl who will not show her face for a good ultrasound photo...I suppose there is something to be said for a modest woman.

[33 weeks]
Nursery photos coming soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment