7.12.2011

Behold: A Big Brother...


Here is my official blog announcement that: Baby Number 2 is on the way! I am 18 weeks pregnant. Due 12-12-11. I had my third prenatal appointment a couple weeks ago and the baby had a heart rate of 165. We have moved Landon in to his new big boy room and I will be sure to post pictures shortly. The nursery is feeling empty…waiting for July 26 when we find out the gender and begin the decorating process.


This baby seems healthy as can be and is already kicking around in my stomach. Landon doesn't quite know what's coming, but I think he will make a great big brother. He absolutely goes gaga for all babies.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We had initially planned to try for another baby at the beginning of 2012, but we kind of stopped caring and ended up with a bit of a surprise.

Photobucket

Photobucket

After going through what we did to get Landon here (slight science experiment, but nothing drastic) I can’t look at this as anything other than a blessing. Destiny sometimes drags you right back to the path that you’re meant to be on and I’m here to accept where it leads me. As the pregnancy has gone along more and more things have happened and proven to me that this is the time that I was meant to have this baby. Funny, maybe this will teach me to sit back and enjoy the ride that has been mapped out for me instead of planning everything.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I can not wait to see Landon play with his sibling. Lately watching him play alone has really made me sad. He has friends and cousins, but that will never take the place of having a sibling in his home. Someone to make a quick trip to the park, the backyard or a bike ride down the street without making plans and synching up schedules with another family. An only child was never an option for Matt and I. It was always two or none.

Landon has been practicing for the baby by using the swing, holding all of my friend’s babies and feeding his stuffed animals.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket
He is also practicing being a big boy by sitting on his potty and brushing his teeth.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket




Ever since Landon was born I have felt like I was given something very special. Sure, he is very special to me. As his parent, that is a given. What I mean here is that I have been given something that is and will be very special to the universe. He means so much to so many people, that I feel like he is the eighth wonder of the world…something that can’t be given a value, but can only be considered priceless. Yes, his value in love, smiles, hope, dreams and wonder of “what will he do next” and “who will he be someday” can’t be quantified by anyone that encounters him- they only know that he is special and something to be seen. It doesn’t hurt that he is smart, cute and absolutely hilarious. But, he is also sweet and stubborn…with a twinkle in his eye that says “I am destined to be someone important.” He truly is a gift. And I can only imagine that his soon to be sibling will be just the same.

No comments: