7.01.2010

first foods

Photobucket

Landon has now been on solid foods for one month.
At first I thought he was going to hate everything.

I tried Sweet Potato first and "bleck, gag, gag" was basically his reaction.

So, I toyed with different consistencies and finally figured the little monster out!

He barely ate anything that I gave him at first, but suddenly his appetite is huge and he is loving his food.

Photobucket

So far, he has tried Oatmeal and Barley Cereal- he loves both of them.

He has also had Sweet Potato, Squash, Pears, Prunes, Apples, Green Beans, Peas and Peaches. I also mashed him up Bananas and Avacados.

His favorites were Prunes, Green Beans and Pears.

Photobucket

I made him all of his first foods besides the green ones and the Prunes, since they are harder to make. Now that he is moving on to Second Foods I will probably buy a lot more types. I think that the Earth's Best line offers some fun options, that I wouldn't want to make myself. If I do find a recipe for something that I think he might like I would probably whip him up a batch.

It is so easy to just puree the foods and freeze them up. I had a good system going and it made me feel like I was cooking for him myself. Not to mention it is cheap and you know there are no additives.

Photobucket

Photobucket
[freeze them up in ice cube trays for easy individual portions]

Photobucket

6 months is a fun time with foods and whatnot since you can really give them more things.

It is one of the most exciting things for me to see him try new foods...before I know it I'll be hiding the Oreos from him.

Photobucket

No comments: