
We have been together for over seven and a half years. Our first 3 months together we were "just friends" (supposedly). Looking back on some of the little things from that time makes me laugh. Matt had a crush on me and I really only wanted to see him as a friend. He wasn't "my type"- or so I thought. All I knew was that I really liked spending time with him and having him around was always good for me. But, I wasn't looking for a serious relationship, so I fought my feelings for him.
He was relentless and prideless in his pursuit of me. There was something about the fact that he just never held back in an effort to be guarded or "cool" that captured my interest. For that matter, he was never fake with me to try to get me to like him back. He would put me in my place whether I liked it or not. I remember a couple of times where I thought.."what a jerk? who does he think he IS talking to me like that?" Yes, he dared to push my buttons. This guy was different. I thought, "what a pain in the ass! and he expects me to like him back? Ugh, no way". But, something about the way that he knew how to stand up and tell me what he thought (no matter what my reaction may be) intrigued me. With most guys I would have just saddled up my high horse and rode off in to the sunset, but for some reason he just got me - and I got him.
We told eachother every thing about our pasts. Way more than most people would in the early days of a relationship. We were like instant best friends. Eventually,it was undeniable that we were meant to be. And now here we are...pretty much the same as we were then. He has never let me down, broken my spirit, judged me or faltered in his dedication to just the two of us. We have never "taken a break," broken up or had an argument that we couldn't get over. Even though it took me a bit longer than him to realize it, we have a bond that goes back in to past lives. You call it whatever you want, but I call it... Eternal...love.
[some oldies, but goodies]





You wear your smile like a summer sky
Just shining down on me and you
I swear your heart is a free bird
On a lazy Sunday afternoon
I love the way that you were up for anything
Never worried 'bout what people say
That's right, oh that's right
What we got is
Just like driving on an open highway
Never knowing what we're gonna find
Just like two kids, baby, always trying to live it up
Whoa, yeah, that's our kind of love
Mm that's our kind of love
Skipping rocks and leaving footprints
Down along the riverbank
Always holding hands, never making plans
Just living in the moment, babe
Yeah, that's our kind of love.
No comments:
Post a Comment