
I can't believe how fast the time is flying. I feel like Landon just turned 4 months old yesterday. Today he is 5 months. I think back to the day when he was born and how tiny he was and I am astounded at how well he has kept up in size. Not that he was THAT tiny, but he just took a really long time to put weight on in the beginning. I had to get extra ultrasounds while pregnant just because he was dropping below the 20th percentile in size. Once he was born he dropped in to even lower percentiles. He is currently above the 50th percentile in length and weight. Now, when people tell me that he is a fat little baby I smile and say, "well back when he had a heart murmur and wouldn't put on any weight it was a lot more scary than having a chubby little one." I'd rather have him be pleasantly plump any day of the week.
He started solids today. Well, about an ounce of the sweet potato that I had made for him. He wasn't too sure what to think of it. I think the flavor threw him, but he took it off of my finger and a spoon, so he is testing the waters. I knew he was ready for solids when he lost his tongue thrust reflex and when he mimicked Matt when he was eating. It was tell-tale to see him chomping his gums when he saw Matt chewing and it made us laugh. I still waited for 2 weeks beyond that to feed him though, because I had promised myself that we would make it to the 5 month mark.
He isn't what I would consider an easy baby to have around. He is pretty high needs...on the go all.the.time. Matt says he gets it from me, so maybe it's just Karma. Our main issue right now is teething. It is h-e-double L to have a teething baby. The poor thing. I am going to get him a teether from this-- http://www.etsy.com/shop/littlealouette shop and see if it helps him more than all of the others I have tried. And boy have I tried them all.
My Sister-In-Law Jen brought him back some Mickey ears from Disneyland. We now enjoy wearing them and singing the M-I-C-K-E-Y song. Can't wait until I can take him to the Land of Disney someday! It is fun to think of everything that we are going to get to do during this life with Landon.




No comments:
Post a Comment