11.12.2009

Poodles have more fun. A b-day for Chewi.

When Kiani was about 6 months old we decided that she needed a little friend. We searched around and had a really hard time finding a dog that we thought would be safe around her- due to size. Kiani is so small and her back is so fragile- we didn't want anything that could crush her. So, after what felt like forever we came across Miniature Poodles for sale...overpriced...but oh so cute. When we went to look at them there were only 2 left. 2 boys. We chose the runt...Kiani was the runt, so we thought it would be only fitting for her new friend to be the runt too. I think it may have even been love at first sight with Chewi. When I picked him up he did not let go- he clung to me like a baby monkey clings to his mom while she swings from tree to tree. I picked him up and never put him down.

Photobucket

We took him home to meet his big sister. She was not at all happy to see him! It took a little while, but that same day they warmed up to eachother and started to play. Matt and I just kindof let them be and they worked out whatever it is that dogs work out when they live together. To this day Kiani is the boss.

Photobucket

If you know Chewi then you know he can be a real character, you know that he follows me everywhere, steals all of my socks to sleep with, has unexpected seizures, runs way faster than anyone in our household and I honestly don't know what I will do the day that I have to go to the bathroom alone! He is always there. As for his feelings about other people..well, he isn't so sure a lot of the time. He will pee when you pet him and bark when he sees you, but he really does just want you to love him. I never, ever saw myself as someone who would own a poodle and Matt pretty obviously didn't either, but now we feel like everyone should experience it. Poodles are said to process the human language better than any other breed and I believe it. They are smart. Chewi never fails to make us laugh.

Photobucket



Chewi had his 6th Birthday on November 7th.
A lazy nap with pregnant me and a taco shared with Kiani made his day complete.

No comments: