Here is another blog that I came across called "Ten things I want to teach my son." The things listed here remind me of my husband...especially number 1 and number 10. If Landon turns out anything like his dad then I would say we did something right.
2. Stand up to bullies. You'll be surprised that the majority of them will immediately back down.
3. Never stop reading. When you stop reading you stop learning.
4. When you think nice thoughts about people, let them know.
5. Handle failure with graciousness on the outside, and kindness on the inside. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and try again.
6. Be generous with your time and money. Both, even in small increments are worth more to other people than they are to you.
7. Talk kindly to yourself. Don't be harder on yourself than your parents or spouse would be.
8. Be curious, not furious. Instead of being frustrated or angry or annoyed as to why someone did something, try to figure out why they did it.
9. Decide which hill you want to die on. Most battles, whether with family, friends, employers, employees. or strangers are not worth fighting.
10. Love hard.

I found this blog here- http://heylady.net/2012/04/23/ten-things-i-want-to-teach-my-son-so-he-can-become-a-man/



No comments:
Post a Comment