5.10.2012

Baby Mine: Month 5

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Whew...Jordana is 5 months old! I have fond memories of Landon at 5 months old. Maybe that is because he began to wake only 1 time per night or maybe that is because he started to crawl. All I know is that it is a fun age. Jordana is getting her knees up under her and putting some effort in to scooting, she can sit and play in her jumperoo and her exersaucer. She is so cute when she plays. Landon would jump as hard as possible, pushing off of both feet in his jumperoo...Jordana kind of just hops from foot to foot, gently. She is a dainty little girl. She likes to sit back and take in her surroundings. Landon lays down on top of her ("hugging her") and she doesn't make a peep...she actually enjoys how wild he is. She was meant to be the sister to that crazy boy.

Photobucket

She can also sit up momentarily unassisted, so I think there will be a lot of changes with her this month. Sleeping is getting better. She is (usually) doing 2 stretches that are 3 hours long. Sometimes the nights still suck and she is up every hour and sometimes the nights are great and she throws in a 4 hour stretch. I see things progressively getting easier. I am so used to a lack of sleep now that it isn't a huge deal. I just wish she would sleep better for her own good! She is usually sleeping all swaddled up in her crib, but if she has a particularly bad night she sleeps in her swing. She has been out of our bed since she was 2 months old and for us that was too long. Bed sharing is not our thing. I love how well Landon sleeps in his own bed now and I intend for Jojo to end up the same way. It takes a lot more effort now than bed sharing would, but in the long run the hard work pays off and if my kids want to cuddle with me we have all day long to do that.

Photobucket

Jojo is still extremely sweet. She has a great attitude and I am excited to see her grow.

Photobucket


No comments: