2.09.2012

occupation: big brother.

Landon has taken on his new job as big brother without many stumbles.

Photobucket


Learning that you aren't the center of the universe at the age of 2 can't be easy, but I feel like this is the best time.

What if he had to learn this later in life? A lot could go wrong if he had to learn that the world didn't revolve around him at a much older age. Don't get me wrong...he is still the number one little man in my life. But, when Jordana came along there was a lot of adjusting to do for all of us. A lot of "Shhhhhhhush Landon, Jojo is sleeping!" and a lot of "I'm sorry Landon, but I can not open a pudding for you at this EXACT moment, because I am busy feeding Jojo...just wait one second!" Followed by tantrum...of course...he's TWO...what else did I expect? These things have been rough, but I think that he is learning patience gradually.

My heart hurt when I first brought Jordana home, because I knew that life as Landon knew it had changed. There was no turning back and he was not going to understand. I cried a few times...for him. But, I hope that he can see this as a gift of a sibling sooner than later and from what I have seen he kind of already does. And Jordana's eyes light up when she sees him. I didn't know a little newborn could love an older sibling so much.

Photobucket

Photobucket

If you know Landon then you know that he is wise beyond his years. He is strong, yet sensitive and I think that is the recipe for the perfect man...the perfect big brother. Jordana is one lucky little sister.

He can be a good little helper. If Jordana needs some entertainment Landon is happy to oblige. He likes to hug her and kiss her cheek and he says "Can I hold it?" if he is feeling extra big brotherish that day. If Jordana cries Landon says, "Oh no! Baby Jojo cryin'...hurry...go get her!" and if she is hungry he points to my boobs and says, "Her HUNGARRYY!!" I actually don't think he could possibly be better with her. He has shown very little jealousy and for that I am incredibly thankful.

Photobucket

I only wish that I could give him more of my time. At this point it is impossible, because Jordana is a fussy 2 month old. Unfortunately we can't be like we used to be. We can't have the same relationship that we had when it was just me and him all day everyday...but we can make something better than that. We have a new person to play with and while we are just getting to know her, we think she is pretty cool. She is one of us now, whether she likes it or not!

No comments: