1.04.2012

Baby Mine: Month 1

Photobucket

Jordana is now 1 month old! She has had a pretty uneventful month. Everything is just going along as smoothly as can be. We are having an easier time than I thought we would incorporating a second child in to our lives. She is a good sleeper…as long as she sleeps right by me! I want to transition her to her crib soon, but I can not give up 3 hours of uninterrupted sleep right now. And to be honest I kind of enjoy sleeping with her - for now.

Photobucket

Photobucket

She is nursing like a pro. We put in a lot of hours for the first couple of weeks and since then we really have not had any big problems with breastfeeding…which is amazing after how much trouble I had with Landon. I think that the supplements I am taking to build my supply of milk up have really been worth it…and I have been eating an extra 1000 calories a day…yes, you read that correctly! About 500 to properly recover from a surgery and another 500 to nurse a newborn.

Jordana is so sweet. She loves to be held and is not really a fan of her bouncy seat or her swing right now. She is still pretty little and just now fitting in to her Newborn clothes.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
(I have a feeling they will cause a lot of trouble together.)


I was most worried about how Landon would handle having another baby in the house. He spent about two days after “Baby Jojo” came home ignoring me completely. He obviously wasn’t very happy that he wasn’t getting my undivided attention. But, on day three he completely snapped out of it and has been pretty happy ever since. I am not saying that it is always easy…that would be crazy talk…but it is easier than the nightmare that I was picturing.

Photobucket
(She slept through most of her first Christmas.)

Photobucket

We’re still adjusting to having a second child and we are enjoying finally getting to meet the little princess that grew in my belly for 39 weeks!

Photobucket
(She slept through most of her first wedding.)

Photobucket

Happy 1 Month of Life Jordana!

No comments: