11.28.2010

Baby Mine: Month 11

Photobucket


Eleven Months Old!! I remember a blog where I wrote “Landon is already 1 week old.”
So funny to me now…just like a year from now when I read this and think about how ridiculous I was for thinking eleven months is old.


I have been putting Landon’s 1st year scrap book together and I’m glad that I have kept up on writing about his first year. There are so many things that I have forgotten, yet love to go back and re-live by reading about them.

Photobucket

I never really had to grow up before I had Landon. If you want to have a life where you can sleep when you want, sit when you want, eat when you want, go where you want...well, you probably should not have kids. Landon has considerably changed our day to day lives and luckily we are busy bodies, so we kinda love it! It can be very exhausting at times, but we are both at a great age to have kids...mind, body and spirit. Landon is a joy and a never ending source of new wonder of the world and all that it holds.

Photobucket

Landon is moving away from pureed baby food at a quick pace. This month he had and enjoyed Cheese Ravioli and Green Beans, Asparagus Risotto and Wild Rice, Potato and Cheese Pierogies with homemade Marinara…all off of my plate of course. I need to get him used to feeding himself…maybe next month.

Photobucket

This month he also walked a couple of feet unassisted. We haven't really been pushing him to walk. He can crawl at turbo speed and that keeps him happy. Lately, he has really been taking a lot of steps though and I have to admit it is exciting! He can walk pretty well unassisted and perfectly when pushing a toy along.

Photobucket

Photobucket

He has a mechanical mind. Thank goodness...that means that maybe he will be like his dad. Instead of his crazy mom who always somehow seemed to get "artistic" whenever I took those career path tests in high school...even when I tried not to get artistic...I still did. I always wanted something "smarter". Landon loves to spin wheels, push cars and see how things work...so "mechanical" he is!

His favorite new thing this month is laying back on the couch with his sippy cup watching football. I turned cartoons on the TV for him for pretty much the first time and he thought it was hilarious. He is still dancing very often and has picked up singing as a second hobby.

He loves to take baths, watch the toilet flush, get in to all of the cupboards, bang on the washer and dryer, pull the dog's ears...you get the point. He's a boy.

Photobucket

Photobucket

He had his first Thanksgiving this month. He tried Turkey, Gravy, Mashed Potatoes, Pickles, Chocolate Cream Pie, Jello....

Photobucket

Photobucket


He does peek-a-boo, high 5, snaps his fingers, claps, waves and has added hat, dog and no, no, no! To his vocabulary.

Photobucket


Photobucket

It was a great month and now we are off to toddlerhood. Like it or not this baby is becoming a big boy.

No comments: