9.02.2010

The world at your fingertips.

A boy is the only thing that God can use to make a man.
-- Author Unknown


Photobucket

Landon’s new favorite thing to do…
crawl across the room, stop, turn around, smile and WAVE!
This is definitely the cutest of all of the milestones…until clapping of course.

Photobucket

Photobucket

All of the milestones that Landon hits are great, but the more that I think about it the more that I am blown away by how much responsibility has been placed on our shoulders as his parents. Milestones are going to happen sooner or later regardless, but molding and shaping a person that functions in society...that doesn't happen without some effort. A child has potential for greatness and it is our job to give him all of the tools he needs to achieve that potential. It is important to us to raise a good man. A man of integrity, a hard working man, a man who learns from his mistakes...and a man who expands his horizons and gains knowledge, sympathy and acceptance by seeing more of the world than just a small corner.

To become a real boy you must prove yourself brave, truthful, and unselfish.-- From "Pinnochio"


I hope that he lives his life as a respectable man.
A good person and someone who I will be proud to call my son.
Being a parent isn't easy, but you just have to jump in head first- 100 percent ready for the challenge...or else you will fail.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I’m now ashamed of myself for any time that I ever doubted another person’s parenting decisions. I wasn’t a parent. There is no way to know ANYTHING about being a parent until you are one (and sorry girls- babysitting doesn’t count). Things completely change when it is your individual child, your flesh and blood and most of all a common interest between you and your spouse.

Not only is there no logical way to judge what someone else does in their parenting adventure- there is really no way to pre-pave your own path as a parent until you know your own child. Different things work for different kids. I have a tough, stubborn one on my hands and that means that I must be very diligent and consistent. He needs a lot of stimulation, but he learns fast. He is fun to be around, but exhausting at the same time. I’m going to feel sorry for his teachers…they will definitely be earning their paycheck if the Lanimal is on their class roster.

Photobucket


But, boy oh boy is this kid goin’ places. I hope he sees everything and does everything he can dream of in this lifetime. One day he’ll be waving bye-bye to mom and dad…I can only hope we send him in the right direction.

Photobucket

A boy's story is the best that is ever told.
-- Charles Dickens

No comments: