12.02.2009

A blessing and a curse.

"Oh now there's a place for you and me
Where we can dream as big as the sky
I know it's hard to see it now
But baby someday we're gonna fly
This road we're on, you know it might be long
But my faith is strong"

Yes, it has been a blessing and a curse having Matt laid off from work these past couple of months. It has been a curse in the way that we have no money. Getting laid off is a part of Matt's job and we expect it to happen. The timing of this lay off was just about as bad as it could have possibly been. With the purchase of our house- we had thrown all of our money in- hoping he would have at least 2 more months on the job. After this we won't have a big purchase like that and future lay offs will probably end up being a nice time for us. But, no matter how hard being in the money crunch can be there is a big blessing to which I focus...I have had Matt home with me for a huge part of my pregnancy- not many couples can say that.

Photobucket

There have been many positive things that have come out of him being home. He cooks, cleans, keeps the dogs entertained and gets me basically whatever I want whenever I want it- what pregnant lady wouldn't love that?! He has been able to go to ultrasounds and doctors appointments with me that he otherwise would have completely missed. This became blaringly clear to me just the other night when I was up for 8 hours with nausea, stomach pain, sweating and I was actually a little afraid that I was in labor. I am not sure what I would have done without him there...just knowing that if I needed anything he could help (and he did). I ended up going to the doctor that morning and everything was fine- Landon is doing great. The doctor just wants me to stop doing so much. Apparently I have a hard time relaxing and being as lazy as I should be..I pushed my busy body self to the limit for one too many days and ended up paying for it.

Photobucket

It's easy for me to complain about Matt not being back to work yet, but when I look at the blessing that having him home with me provides (not working 4am until 7pm or later). I take a step back and feel lucky. We can pay our bills and spend a time of our lives together that we will never get back.

No comments: