I have to say that this was the first appointment where I left feeling a little bit bad about myself! Eeeek, I gained 3 pounds in a week! The doctor came in and she said 'Oh, you gained 3 pounds that doesn't sound right...what have you been doing...what have you been eating?" I said I had been pretty much eating the same as always and just drinking a lot of milk! She checked my feet and saw that they aren't swollen at all- I have never been swollen. She then lifted my shirt to check heart beat and fundal height and she said "Whoa, you are all baby, there is no fat on you at all!" I thought that maybe she should have thought of that before she told me she "wouldn't want me to have a weight gain like that for the next week!" So, needless to say I am not changing anything and if I gain that much again I will chalk it up to the baby growing.
She also checked for Group B Strep which I will get results for next week and she checked me for dilation. I am dilated to a whopping ZERO and I am however 50% effaced. She said that is good for where I am. His head was down low enough that she felt it! She said it actually doesn't feel too big. She said that she has felt way bigger and as of now I really have no worries- she thinks he could be long and skinny. It's all speculation at this point...
Hopefully he still has a couple of weeks to cook...he seems pretty content in there lately! Very sleepy and lazy until she poked him in the head today... he has been kicking around ever since that happened!
She also checked for Group B Strep which I will get results for next week and she checked me for dilation. I am dilated to a whopping ZERO and I am however 50% effaced. She said that is good for where I am. His head was down low enough that she felt it! She said it actually doesn't feel too big. She said that she has felt way bigger and as of now I really have no worries- she thinks he could be long and skinny. It's all speculation at this point...
Hopefully he still has a couple of weeks to cook...he seems pretty content in there lately! Very sleepy and lazy until she poked him in the head today... he has been kicking around ever since that happened!
No comments:
Post a Comment